Thursday, January 18, 2024

White Christmas Performances

Klint and Otto had so much fun performing in White Christmas. I was able to go to all 4 shows (yep, that's 10 hours! 🤣) and didn't get tired of it!

As you'll see, I mostly took pictures of the scenes Klint and Otto were in!
 

Klint and Otto headed out for an all-day Rehearsal the weekend prior to the show!




The stage was being used for a ballet performance so they had to haul all their stuff to the Presbyterian church to practice!

Klint, Aaron Wood, and Aaron Kipfer singing White Christmas. Klint loved working with these guys!







Show time! The boys and I snagged the front row for opening night!








Makeup'd and mic'd and ready to go!










All I can see his is Otto forgot to change his socks from white to black 😜






backstage




Klint had the first lines in the performance; he did such a great job as Ralph Sheldrake








"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...."









Klint got to hold an accordion  😆



Steph Rinkenberger and Ashley Wood did fantastic as Betty & Judy. 
This "Sisters" song is so iconic!!











So fun to watch Aaron Wood and Ashley Wood as Phil & Judy -- husband and wife in real life sure help the character chemistry!

(You can't see Klint in this photo, but he is back there singing in his Quintet)







Otto!





This train scene was one of my favorites. Otto had his little jingle in this scene... and the whole group sang "Snow" (which is another iconic song) while they were traveling on the train.

I laughed so hard at Ralph Tuttle (seated on the far left). He was snoring so loudly in this scene, but suddenly woke out of his slumber to enthusiastically belt out, "Snooooow".






Bob & Betty 🥰




Ralph!
"Tell Bob, it's a-million-dollar-proposition"








Feuding sisters 









Steph!!

I was so proud of her. This solo was amazing!
She's just an amazing actress!





There's Ralph 

("Im just a humble TV producer")!





Steph and Klint -- I can't tell you how fun it is to do these performances with our friends!




Love this photo

"We'll follow the old man wherever he wants to go....."






this was from the last scene! 
Klint, Jamie Macklin, and Otto were a "family" in this scene




white socks 






Otto had so much fun with the few kids that were in the cast




Klint's highlight was getting to know Paulie. Klint's watched him on stage 2 or 3 times in the past, but got to perform with him on White Christmas and had so much fun!





🥰







Poor Otto was getting sick







Klint loves getting a chance become friends with people in our community -- many of them are worship leaders in our local churches , teachers at our school, or just small town acquaintances.
 






This happened on the 2nd act of the 3rd show!!
The show must go on! 🤣





It was a shock to the entire cast when their Director, Joy Cash, passed away suddenly just a couple weeks after the show! It's still difficult for us to wrap our minds around.

Joy was an amazing director -- she pulled potential out of each cast member, had a knack for picking the right person for the right part, and never expected perfection. I remember Klint coming to her during last year's rehearsals and telling her how he couldn't dance with his 2 left feet. She just laughed and told him he's doing great! 😅

She will be deeply missed by the cast and, really, the entire community -- she touched so many lives. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love White Christmas and haven't seen it in far too long. I love it that they got to do all this together. I didn't know Joy, but I know enough people who DID know her that I feel like I have gotten to know her through their stories. I'm so sorry for this tremendous loss in your lives and in the community! - Bekah