1
“Oh.” *deep breaths* “oh.” *deep breaths* “whew! I think I’ve had enough exercising” 😆 #6yearsold
2
Whitt bought this Chocolate Cookbook at the school book fair, which seemed quite random to me, but he was excited about it!
•
I decided it would be a fun goal for Whitt to work through every recipe in the book …and then we could write reviews on the margins of each page (just call me Julie & Julia! 😏).
•
Whitt wanted to make this Ice Cream Pizza Treat after school. Needless to say, it was a huge boost in overall family morale on a gloomy Monday dinner that wasn’t even a birthday! 🍫 #9yearsold
3
A happy November scene. They came inside, all yelling and talking at once and made me think someone got hit by a car. They reported witnessing a hawk snag a squirrel and carry it away into the air. 🦅 #13yearsold #9yearsold #6yearsold
Squirrels sending love notes, what next? 🎃
I’m learning when Whitt looks sad, he usually isn’t.
•
This morning I spotted him sitting completely still and gazing off into the distance. I asked him what amazing fact he was pondering in his big brain and he replied, “it’s just so incredible that Juneau, the capital of Alaska, only has a population of 31,000, but in landform it’s the 2nd largest in the US!” 😆😍 #9yearsold
Knees & legs for days 👦🏼 #6yearsold
Emitt went to a Thanksgiving meal at Owen’s church youth group and Otto went to our church’s youth group. That left Klint and me with the Littles. Whitt picked Coco China Buffet for dinner and I was a good sport 😊. #9yearsold #6yearsold
When Klint came home from work I told him Gil had found a ladybug in the house! Klint smiled sarcastically and wondered if Gil killed it. “No,” I replied, “he put it in his bug cage, shoved leaves inside, and named him Kiwi” 🥝
•
Several weeks ago at a pumpkin patch, Gil befriended a ladybug and deemed it his pet! He was so pleased and proud, but became distracted by the corn kernel pit and lost his little friend in a sea of yellow 🙁.
•
Today Gil found Kiwi on a windowsill in the sanctuary and I told him God cared so much about him that he gifted him ladybug! 😍 Gil’s been carrying the bug cage everywhere and doting on Kiwi. What do you give Kiwi…3 days?? 😵💫🐞 #6yearsold
November 16 || 66 degrees 😎
•
This morning Gil and I walked to BSF at Life church and then to his speech therapy appointment at the hospital. This afternoon Gil and I walked downtown for a quick errand, to the coffee shop for an Americano ‘n Apple Juice 😆, to Creative Arts Center to pay a fee, and ended at the bus stop to meet the big guys. This evening Whitt and I walked down to his appointment at Renovate.
•
I would like to publicly thank winter, a season I actually love, for not hijacking our Fall 😍.
•
also noteworthy: I was bummed to leave the east side of town when we moved, but the west side is serving our family so well in this season! #15yearsold #13yearsold #9yearsold #6yearsold
Whitt (this time with help from some friends 😍) just made his 6th chocolate dessert from his cookbook — Chocolate Chip Shortbread! He gave it a 4⭐️ rating.
•
Gil took the opportunity, while there was a cake present, to celebrate the “12th birthday” of his new pet Ladybug, whom he’s affectionately named Keywe (seated far left 😏). Gil informed me his other pet Ladybug, Fe-Fi, has a birthday on December 25th. I think we’ll have no problem coming up with a nice chocolate dessert for the occasion — after all, we have 55 recipes to go! 😳😂 #9yearsold #8yearsold #7yearsold #6yearsold @autumn.mcafee
11
Ever since COVID, when everyone was social distancing, our family would hole-up in this little church foyer to eat our lunch on Sundays. As habit would have it, we are STILL eating our lunches here 🙃.
•
Despite the protest it will stir up, Klint and I are going to enforce relocation starting next Sunday so we can come home from church feeling like we actually had some adult conversation 😂. #15yearsold #13yearsold #9yearsold #6yearsold
3 of our boys have benefited very much from various therapies over the years. Gil has been hitting language therapy and occupational therapy really hard this school year and, not only looks forward to every session, is making obvious strides!
•
If your kiddo is struggling with language….or the wiggles are keeping them from learning (among many other things I could list 😏), I would highly recommend seeking out some therapy! Now that we are 13 years in, I can absolutely confirm that therapy is an investment into a child’s future 🫶🏼.
•
We have so many fantastic resources in our country and often insurance will assist with cost! It just requires a doctor visit & a referral to get the ball rolling!
13
We’re a vest family 😏❤️
Another month and another trench 🙃
•
There was a hiccup and several weeks stall in the Parking Lot Project when we discovered our gas line needed rerouted.
•
Here’s to hoping the next post will be about the garage going up! 🤞🏽
Every morning Sylvia waits outside my bedroom door begging me to hold, pet, or feed her. Today I noticed she wasn’t around and found her sitting in the sanctuary tortured by a black moth on the ceiling. It’s thankless work 🐈⬛
16
This morning I was out-and-about taking Emitt and Whitt to appointments so I paid Otto 5 bucks to do school with Gil 😆.
•
Does Gil HAVE to do school on Thanksgiving Break? No. Does he turn into a ping-pong ball when all his brothers are home and inflict unnecessary affection on the cat? Yes.
•
Mr. Fiechter went ALL OUT on school today — snack time, 2 recesses, and reminding the student to keep his voice at a Level 1. Gil was thrilled beyond all reason about this situation and there was no hesitation when I asked which person he prefers as a teacher 😆😍. #13yearsold #6yearsold
Thanksgiving Day! We especially love going to church on a holiday, but felt it was more important to stay home and take a rest from the Rat Race. Bumping into these guys playing Monopoly in their pjs confirmed our decision to stay home.
•
Unrelated, but notable: when I opened the door to the Art Room, I was hit with an overwhelming smell of garlic. Yep, Grandpa Fiechter took them to Coco China Buffet yesterday for lunch, which was a a fantastic way for them to kick off Thanksgiving Break! 😊 #13yearsold #9yearsold
Someone hired Emitt to put this 1500-piece puzzle together (they want to frame it).
•
He started it Saturday and finished it Wednesday 😳. And he could’ve finished it sooner if he didn’t have obligations like school & such 😆. This guy is a machine when it comes to puzzles! 🧩 #15yearsold
Last Christmas she was scared of everyone and everything and barely stepped paw into the sanctuary. This Christmas she’s climbing the tree like she owns the place 🐈⬛.
These guys have spent hours and hours in the balcony over Thanksgiving Break setting up their Lego Christmas village. Teamwork and camaraderie have been the name-of-the-game 😍.
•
However, on this, the 3rd day of Lego Village construction, style differences have emerged, tolerance levels have plummeted, and bickering is at an all-time high. Adult mediation required 🚧 . #15yearsold #13yearsold #9yearsold #6yearsold
Thanksgiving in front; Christmas in back 🎃🎄
“Mom, does Sylvia look annoyed at me?” 🐈⬛ (yes). #6yearsold
23
He got his permit! Emitt worked hard on driver’s training online and passed his permit test on the second try! We do not take this moment lightly and are continually amazed by Emitt’s hard work and God’s nearness through the years! #15yearsold























1 comment:
I love all of these!! #16 made me smile, #20 warmed my heart, even with the bickering, #21 brought a huge laugh, and #23 made me joyful. These are a perfect mix! I will be curious to hear how long it takes you to get completely through that chocolate cookbook!😂
Heidi E
Post a Comment