Wednesday, December 13, 2023

November Everyday Randomness Part 1, #1-24

 

1

Matching at Piano lessons!






2

Otto made himself flash cards for his vocab words....and then, for fun, made an extra NINE sets in different languages (thanks to Google Translate). 






too funny






3

Right before school one day, I saw a crayon craft on an Instagram Reel and decided to try it with Gil. It was a long process but kind of fun.







This what it looked like coming out of the oven





I could not have predicted how hard it would be to get the individual states out of the mold!! 

(The melted crayons stayed in the mold for weeks until Marin arrived one weekend and diligently removed all of them for me!)









4

I guess she decided to take a quick snooze in between bouts of begging for food. 
So random 😂









4

Gil got to go through an automatic car wash with Grandpa. He was only mildly impressed (in contrast to how much I LOVED it as a kid). 











5

Keeping watch of all the people and all the bugs











6

This was such a fun evening -- a new chili recipe and a dessert made by Whitt from his Chocolate cookbook (this was one of my favorite recipes this far)!










Jill's siblings texted her photos of their weekend so she took this selfie to send back to them 🥰





7

When you are without a garage or a shed










8

The kids got into my costumes one day. 

Marin is sporting some authentic bell bottoms (worn by my dad in high school/college), some cork platform shoes my grandma always had in her dress up clothes, and my shirt. She looked adorable!











9

A cool used bookstore I've never visited before!









10

While in Decatur one Saturday, we ran into a monkey. Gil got too close and she slapped him across the face. So funny!










11

We love this antique shop in Bluffton!









12

Relaxing on the job






















13

Making a recipe from Whitt's Chocolate cookbook

(Gil wearing his random chef-wear)














I bit my tongue and let them do it (mostly) by themselves!





14

Last football game of the season. 

We started off pretty enthusiastic....








but







it






was




SO





COLD!!!












15

Good morning from Gil and Sylvia






16

I love drinking coffee from mugs (as opposed to a thermos) and, even when Gil accidentally bumped one causing coffee to slosh into my cup holders (drowning pens, pencils, and coins), I continue to carry my coffee in mugs 🙃.










17

Literally lounging.








17

My sidekick is always with me







19

Gil's pumpkin looked pretty cool with the candle lit!





20

Killing time after a dentist appointment







21

I'm always in awe of this giant tree shadow on our walk to BSF







22

Student Counsil helped lead the Veterans program -- Otto did great!

















23


Oops, we ordered WAY too much 😂






24

Baptisms at church -- love seeing all the little ones gathered around to watch.

(photo: Livia)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gil looks like a little elf up on the counters helping with cooking :) LOVE the tree shadow on the building. Sylvia must be becoming more relaxed for her selfie with Gil...was the chili soup recipe a good one?

Bekah Brooks

Amber said...

I am late to the game in commenting! But I have a picture of Leah and I on a dress up day in high school and she is wearing those pants and shoes!!