Klint and I were super thankful to get away to Michigan for 3 nights for our 20th wedding anniversary! We had a super relaxing time!
Klint's parents and my parents watched the kiddos while we were gone and the boys had the best time!! My dad sent a couple of pictures....
Klint took Wednesday - Friday off of work. Wednesday was just at home, helping me with our appointments and packing. My favorite "vacation days" are those we spend at home. Such a great day!
We headed to Michigan on Thursday....
Last minute, I threw in our old scrapbooks (from our wedding and first years of marriage).
So fun/funny to read back!!
Klint agreed to get a pedicure with me in Fort Wayne on our way! 😆 He said he enjoyed it and it only tickled a little!
I think he'll go back with me some day!
Klint and Otto are preparing for another community Christmas musical in Decemeber.
Klint and I visited many thrift stores on our trip (because it rained the entire time) and were able to get lots of costume pieces!
(This photo: Looking for army-wear, but realized it was actually a woman's coat)
Vehicle selfie 🙃
Our Airbnb!
Klint did such a great job finding this place. It was a downtown upstairs apartment in South Haven. We had the coolest view and were so close to the shops and restaurants!
The first night we ate at Clementine's.
I'm the person who asks for the history of the restaurant. I was a little disappointed to learn it was made into a restaurant in the 1990's?! I would've guessed 100 years earlier
😂
Coffee shop!
more thrifting (did I mention it rained the entire time?).
We found these authentic military uniforms (for the musical) for $2.00 each!! This was definitely a highlight of our trip. The man at the register said it was a mistake and they usually go for around $150.00 each, but they would honor the price tag.
We were soooo excited (and so was the costume lady when I texted and told her)!
Breakfast at the Phoenix
(we had just heard that morning that my aunt Brenda had passed away so it was kind of a sad breakfast)
So grateful for this time away in the middle of a really, really full season!

















2 comments:
Happy anniversary! I love Clementine's and also would have guessed it to be much older. (And now I am craving the salad I had there. LOL!) Congrats on the AMAZING find in the thrift store! So cool! - Bekah
this is so sweet! i'm sorry that it rained the whole time, but your place looked so sweet and cozy!
Post a Comment