Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Street Fair

We have always been fans of our annual Street Fair, but since moving to the other side of town we are loving it even more with our close proximity!



Klint and I take walks in the early mornings and it was fun to watch Street Fair being set-up and torn-down!





😍






This was hilarious. One morning on our walk we ran into some friends, who live out in the country, who had their van backed down an alley and were setting up chairs to save seats for the parade.

They laughed when they saw us and said they just rolled out of bed and didn't expect to see anyone they knew. We said neither did we! 🤣




We thought they had a pretty good idea so we walked home and got our chairs! 




 
I was gone on Monday evening, but Klint took the boys down to the fair to check out the setting-up process (love this sweet picture he took 😍)





The Big Boys' bus stop was completely rerouted during Street Fair week so Gil and I would walk the extra blocks to meet them after school. 

We got to wait on the steps of the Historical Museum -- no complaints from me!! 🤩





Tuesday: 
Ready for the parade! 
Gil and I walked with our library's 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program!







Otto was invited to go on rides with Davis one evening and they had a great time! He bumped into Seth and Braxton on a ride (thanks for the pic, Livia!) and didn't get home until close to 11 pm (Klint and I were about asleep on the couch waiting up for him 😆)





Wednesday: 

Jill, Gil, and I walked down to the Fair on for lunch!





Now this is a grilled cheese -- Gil loved it!







Since the temporary bus stop was so close to the fair, we stopped at Street Fair after school for some ice cream




"Date Night" in our family room!

These egg rolls were the perfect "to go" food because they were still scalding hot by the time Klint walked home with them.



Another early-morning. 
Our walk consisted of avoiding the Street Cleaning crew :)







Thursday evening parade!








Friday -- no school!
We walked down to play the Mouse Game for a while









Ross and Leah's crew spent the night on Friday and we met up with the rest of the family for Street Fair rides on Saturday.





Leah and I ran into this adorable sighting on a food run. 
(Jeff and Andrew were on twin duty while big brothers were on rides)






Zion loved his first Street Fair!
(And crazy -- his daddy hasn't been to Street Fair in 17 years 😱)












I was going to say "siblings with their babies", but Raelyn isn't Seth's baby any more 😁







Whivan

























THESE TWO 🥰

No comments: